Bank of Communications on the Bund No. 14. The modern Art-Deco style building, combined with Chinese elements, was designed by Austro-Hungarian architect C. H. Gonda. Construction was interrupted in 1937 because of the Second Sino-Japanese War and it was only completed by 1948 making if the last classic building to be erected on the Shanghai Bund.
The Bank of Communications was founded in 1908 and emerged as one of the first few major national and note-issuing banks in the early days of the Republic of China.
Write a comment